Monday, April 15, 2013

Gays Can't Donate Organs Either


A Canadian woman has said she believes her late son’s organs were rejected for donation because he was gay. 
Nancy Campana says she was asked if her son Rocky, who was an organ donor, was gay after his death.
‘I was asked if he was a gay male and I said, “yes.” And I was asked if he was a sexually active gay male or if he had a partner and I said, “yes”,’ Campana told CBC News. 
She said the tone of the conversation changed, and the family was told they could not donate her son’s organs... 
‘...When I got off the phone to relay that to both [Rocky's father] Rob and a lot of Rocky's friends ... many of them broke down,’ she said. ‘The gay ones said, “Nancy, we can't donate blood; they're not going to take our organs.”’

No comments:

Post a Comment