Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ex-Gay Superstar Renounces Ex-Gay Movement

John Paulk (center)
From PQ Monthly

Paulk’s emailed response to PQ’s interview questions suggest that he might, in fact, be moving toward accepting who he is. 
“Until recently, I have struggled all my life in feeling unloved and unaccepted,” Paulk said. “I have been on a journey during the last few years in trying to understand God, myself, and how I can best relate to others. During this journey I have made many mistakes and I have hurt many people including people who are close to me. I have also found a large number of people who accept me for who I am regardless of my past, any labels, or what I do.” 
Paulk continued, “I no longer support the ex-gay movement or efforts to attempt to change individuals — especially teens who already feel insecure and alienated. I feel great sorrow over the pain that has been caused when my words were misconstrued. I have worked at giving generously to the gay community in Portland where I work and live. I am working hard to be authentic and genuine in all of my relationships.”

No comments:

Post a Comment