Monday, July 18, 2011

The Religious Wrong: Hypocrite in Sheep's Clothing

Bryan Fischer has a way of showing a massive amount of ignorance in very few words. It's like an art for him:


I am certainly no biblical scholar, but I'm pretty sure the Bible doesn't actually talk about sexual orientation directly, let alone changing it (show me a verse if I'm wrong and I'll change my tune).

Also, we have this little thing called Freedom of Speech that Fischer seems to conveniently forget about at times. With it comes the right to criticize things that we disagree with. When you say things the likes off which the Bachmanns have said you incur that criticism. If the can't take that criticism, that doesn't make others religious bigots, it just means the Bachmanns need a thicker skin.

Lastly, as I have previously pointed out, there are people whose religious beliefs lead them to be compassionate towards the LGBT community and agree with the fact that we deserve to be seen as equals with everyone else under the law. By Fischer's own "logic" (obviously I'm using that word loosely), he himself is a religious bigot guilty of more hate crimes than any gay person ever will be. Maybe he should turn himself into the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment